ACEmulator / ACE:
7 authors have pushed 28 commits to master
167 files have changed
- Improved design and performance for SequenceManager
- Added RenderTexture, String and Font to DatLoader.FileTypes
- Added scrolls to loot profiles
- Added caching system for scrolls
- Added stream support to audio export
- Fixed a long-standing network bug with lost/corrupted packets dropping clients
- Fixed a bug causing AcknowledgeSequence packets to increment the LastReceivedPacketSequence, causing the Sequence to break and never recover for that Session
- Fixed a bug causing RequestTransmit packets to be ignored
- Improved server resiliency against malformed packets
- Changed the C2S RequestForRetransmit to per-request packet, instead of sequence
- Added developer network debug commands
- Added a generational feature to ISAAC development of network layer
- Adding pre-processor definition NETDIAG + directives to ACE.Common and ACE.Server to help development by preserving troubleshooting tools, without interference with the optimal solution
- Updated client lib with features useful for third-party apps
- Added outdoor landscape texture blending system (ImgTex, TexMerge, LandSurf)
- Updated LandblockStruct to optionally generated texture UV coordinates for landscape textures. Defaults to off for server environments
- Added animation-only updates to physics engine
- Added instructions for installing with VS Community Edition
- Added more RNG treasure generation for chests
- Improved DatLoader for third-party apps
- Fixed a bug where Unicode string lengths weren’t being read as compressed
- Added optional flag for caller to select whether or not to load the cell.dat.
- Fixed a bug where Animation framecounts were being read as uint instead of int
- Added more enum flags, as per client definitions
- Added more DAT fletypes: EnumMapper, StringTable, DIDMapper, DualDIDMapper
- Fixed an issue with door and chest appraisal with respect to lockpick chances
- keepOpen option added to DatDatabase FileStream – improves DatLoader performance
- Added Property dictionary system – reduces CPU needed for handling properties by about 80%
- Removed ActionQueue.Dequeue architecture, as it was unused. This change reduces the CPU ActionQueues require by half.
- Make StackSize an int instead of ushort
- This fixes the housing prices to match retail
- Changed format of ServerStatus, Total CPU Time to match server runtime
- Streamline attributes and vitals
- Cleanup LoadAllLandblocks status output, and improved comments
- Profiling-based performance improvements:
- Landblock LoadMeshes summary improved
- Added thread safety to LScape.get_landblock()
- Improved WorldObject.ObjectGuid creation
- Added caching subsystem to EnchantmentManager
- With these recent changes, 50+ active players have been tested and running smoothly
- Improved ShadowPart performance
- Fixed a bug with using certain mana pools
- Update EmoteManager and WorldObject Generator with fixes for Anniversary event emotes.
ACViewer is currently a work-in-progress, multipurpose DAT file viewer for Asheron’s Call portal and cell DAT files.
With this tool today, you can view many of the objects contained within those files, including object models, particle effects, textures, images, sound files, and landblocks which include over-world landscape and dungeons.
The above pictures represent only a sample of what you can view with this application right now and there are plans for many more features to come. Eventually moving towards DAT modification and even a full-on WorldBuilder like functionally for new content development!
Click Here to download ACViewer!
Visit the GitHub website to download this tool and explore Dereth in new ways today! You can also click on the Discord link to the left to keep up with our changes to this new app as well as our other projects. Progress is made nearly every day on all things Asheron’s Call emulation.
Stay tuned for future announcements about our first downloadable releases of ACEmulator server software, in addition to the source code repo downloads!
November 2nd, 1999 – November 2nd, 2018…
Nearly two years after shutdown, ACEmulator is still going strong, making progress and improving week to week! Today we mark the 19th anniversary of the portals opening to Dereth with a few minor “events” in our emulated worlds.
Make sure you download the latest version of the world database and update your local copy to experience some of the “classic” moments of past anniversaries, but don’t wait too long as these events are time limited!
Thanks due in no small part to Miach, we’re excited to announce the opening of ACEmulator’s new home on the web!
Initially, our goals for the website are to use it to host monthly progress reports of our activities as well as any announcements along the way.
As we near closer to stable releases we might expand out the site’s scope a bit to include documentation or how-to’s on installing, configuring and administration of ACEmulator servers, but as we’re mostly not web-devs, we’re going to start small and go from there!
Please pardon the dust as we get settled in and up to speed!
Handy links to the website are: https://emulator.ac and https://emu.ac
P.S. If you’ve got experience working with WordPress based sites and would like to contribute to ours, we absolutely would welcome help in this arena as most of our time is taken up by coding the emulator. Join or stop by our Discord server and message us your interest today! ——————>
Sadly, it’s been one year since Asheron’s Call was shut down by Warner Brothers and Turbine but at the same time, it’s also been one year since the community banded together to ensure the game continues to exist in some form or another for as long as the internet continues to have life.
We may have temporarily lost access to our original characters but the future for Dereth is bright and continues to improve day by day and week by week!
Join us in helping keep Dereth alive for decades to come by visiting our Discord and GitHub today!
Happy Anniversary to Asheron’s Call!
Initially released on November 2, 1999, and while the game was closed officially back on January 31st, it continues on today as we restore those portals into Dereth.
We’re always on the lookout for contributors and developers alike and you can join us by visiting our Discord and GitHub today!
November 4, 1999 – January 31, 2017
I want to sincerely thank each of you for all your efforts this past month to collect the data we need to rebuild Asheron’s Call… It’s been a massive undertaking and we’ve already collected so much of the data that represented the heart and soul of what we’ve all enjoyed over these past 18 years. You’ve all done a truly phenomenal job thus far and I look forward to continue working with those already here now, and those yet to find us, as we undertake perhaps Asheron’s most difficult quest yet… Returning to Dereth!
Asheron’s Call and its sequel Asheron’s Call 2 shut down at 12pm (Noon) EST on Jan. 31, 2017
If you’re looking to help out with our data mining efforts even further then there’s four new Decal plugins available that should be added to your lineup ASAP, courtesy of Mag-nus.
The best way to submit your logs is by creating a free Google Drive account. You can easily upload your logs there and then link to them here on our forums.
***** UPDATE *****
Miach has kindly provided a way for everyone to upload their log files with ease here: http://aka-steve.com/uploads/